© 2005-2016 Girona Cycling S.L.
Bike touring and site seeing trips.
This area has eclectic mix of history, culture and beautiful scenery to make any trip to this area of Spain a sensory feast. Self-guided stays at Hotel Mas Pelegri include route maps, GPS downloads and emergency back up. Carbon fiber road bikes can be rented on site. We have more than 100 routes from the door so your tours can be customised to your interests and requirements on ride length and terrain. For more details on cycling please click here to visit our Girona Cycling site.
Fully guided and coached bike tours can be arranged from 1000 euros per person per week. Prices depend on the size of your group, arrival airport and number of guides you require. This trip includes 7 nights en-suite accommodation at Mas Pelegri, large breakfasts, three course lunches and dinners, customized guiding with your own personal guide for the group, 1 massages per person, transfers from Girona or Barcelona airport and all local taxes.
A sample itinerary for a site seeing bike tour of this area. Shorter and longer trips available. We are open year round subject to availability.
- Day 1: Arrive at Hotel Mas Pelegri. Lunch. Set up on your rental bike with an option to go on a short ride around the Pla de Matis and visit the prehistoric caves of Serinya. Enjoying a 3 course dinner with wine at Mas Pelegri.
- Day 2: Beautiful loop to the granite cliff perched town of Castelfollit and enjoy their famous muffins. Visit the Pyrenees village of Montagut and its famous ancient stone bridge. Return via medieval Besalu and enjoy lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon visit Dali's Museu de Teatre in Figueres. Return to Mas Pelegri for a 3 course dinner with wine.
- Day 3: Trip to the beautiful small village of Sant Marti D'Empuries, with its sandy beach and the spectacular Greek and Roman ruins of Empuries. Cool of with a dip in the Med. Relax by the pool at Hotel Mas Pelegri and enjoy dinner.
- Day 4: Dali Day - Visit the coast and Cadeques, including the 10th century monastery of St Pere de Rodes, where you will enjoy wonderful views over the Med. Lunch in Cadeques and in the afternoon visit Dali's Fishermans studio. Return to Mas Pelegri to relax and enjoy a 3 course dinner.
- Day 5: This is market day in Banyoles, so you get a chance to visit a local market and ride around the pristine spring fed lake. Lunch will be in Banyoles at a wonderful local restaurant overlooking the lake. There is then a short climb back up to Mas Pelegri. Optional evening out in the city of Girona.
- Day 6: Day trip to Barcelona. On this day you will visit La Sagrada de Familia, Parc Guell and Passeig de Gracia with its interesting architecture. You will also get the chance to visit Las Ramblas, the food market, and other sites depending on your interests and time available.
- Day 7: Visit to the city of Girona with an option to ride over the climb of Els Angels which has spectacular views. You will then return to Mas Pelegri for a relax by the pool and a 3 course dinner at Mas Pelegri
- Day 8: Depart from Hotel Mas Pelegri for your flights home.